Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fall Back

Finally reset my bedroom clock after both an electrical shortage, and  the Fall time change last week.  I figured out that the clock reset itself to approximately one.hour-and-fifteen minutes slow, so instead of re-setting the clock, I’ve been adding an hour and fifteen minutes to the time all week. 

As far as the clock in the kitchen is concerned, time stopped months ago.  By the looks of the piled up dirty dishes, that’s apparently clear.  Attempted replacing the battery last week, with another dead battery, so time has stood still in my kitchen at 10 past 10 or 10 past 20 (depending on how you look at it).

I have been stuck in a time-warp now for a little over 5 years.  My body moved to Sweden five years ago, but my mind, heart and soul clung on to memories of people, places, times, loves in the states, and it’s really hard to be in two places at one time, so I never reset my clock, my internal clock to adjust to the days, people and new life  around me.

I haven’t sprung forward, just stayed back. 

I’ve always loved the Fall.  The trees shedding their summer foliage, their leaves of red, yellow, orange and brown carpeting the earth, for one last burst of color beneath our feet, prior to the winter snow.  The excitement of starting new schools, classes, jobs.  New school clothes, crisp blank paper in new notebooks, the clean slate of starting over, the academic new year.  The promise of great things if you only apply yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment