Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Birthday

Thanksgiving is one of the American holidays that I miss the most.  Since moving to Sweden 5 years ago, we haven’t celebrated Thanksgiving.  But this year, for my mothers birthday (which falls on the 3rd of November) my sister and I decided to make a Thanksgiving birthday dinner.   We made turkey with stuffing (the turkeys in Sweden are without steroids, so are quite smaller).  The biggest turkey I could find was about slightly over 4 kilos.  We also made sweet potatoes, with brown sugar and marshmallows, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and strawberry jello with :bananas, and of course gravy.  For dessert we had apple pie a la mode.  My sister set a beautiful table:

 

Jacquies Galaxy Note pics 20121116 841

At dinner, we all went around and said what we were thankful for.  Most of all, my sister and I were thankful for my mother, for each other, and that we all could be together.  I am so thankful for my family, and Gods blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment